our Savior!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My One Word for 2015

WHAT IS YOUR ONE WORD FOR 2015?


Well, as I began this year, I knew I was going to go back to my One Word for 2013:
EUCHARISTEO
Thanksgiving, Grace, Joy

There is so much wrapped up in that one word. So much to unpack and understand and learn. This word has stuck with me over the past two years and I knew I had not absorbed all that God had for me in 2013. You see, I struggle to "give thanks", to receive God's "grace" in all its various forms - including through the pain and struggle and dreams unfulfilled.  

January has not started the way I thought or the way I would have hoped, but I will take on the challenge of EUCHARISTEO and seek to GIVE THANKS, to receive and extend God's GRACE, and to CHOOSE JOY - even in the midst of the trials, the pain, the healing, and the fear of the unknown.  

I considered the word "CHANGE" for 2015, because this year will be filled with changes.  I know I will change this year as I pursue continued healing from difficult parts of my childhood. I know my husband will change as he pursues a new career with the California Highway Patrol.  I know my almost 4-year-old son will change - as that is a natural process for children: physically, emotionally, spiritual, intellectually, socially, etc. I know our circumstances will change over this year! I know, most likely, the place we call home will change as we move wherever CHP decides to place my husband.  

However, I have decided to continue with my word, "EUCHARISTEO", because I am seeking to receive all the changes that this year will bring with Thanksgiving, with Grace, and with Joy!  I know choosing Thanksgiving, choosing Grace, and choosing Joy is not going to be easy and the road will be long and hard at times - but with the strength, power, and love of our GREAT GOD, I can do anything He calls me to!


No comments:

Post a Comment